I am a huge breakfast person and it is so baffling to me how people do not eat breakfast every morning and still function. I am a raging monster if I do not get a good breakfast in me.
Being a busy college student, who values getting as much sleep as possible, I am always looking for something quick, easy and something that will hold me over till lunch without having to take a snack break. So behold:
Bacon and Egg Cups!
These little guys are simple, packed with protein, and taste delicious. All you will need is:
- Canadian bacon slices
- Eggs
- Cooking spray
- Muffin tin
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Push your canadian bacon slices into each of the cups of your muffin tin. Spray the sides of the pan with cooking spray that the bacon is not covering to prevent the egg from sticking. Crack an egg into each bacon cup. Finish by seasoning each cup with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Then, ever so gracefully, put the tray into the oven (I had may or may not have had to make two batches due to the first tray landing on the floor. I was just so excited!) Depending on how you like your eggs bake them accordingly:
- Runny- about 9 minutes
- Semi soft- about 12 minutes
- Hard- about 15 minutes
I checked mine after about 10 minutes and just poked them with a fork to see how they were doing. I like my yoke hard so they baked for about 15 minutes.
After they are cooked the way you like them, take them out of the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, so they can set up and are easier to spoon out of the pan. I've been catching up on Project Runway All Stars so mine cooled for about 15 minutes :) Eat them with ketchup or Tabasco sauce. Make them the night before so you have a hassle free morning or if you have the time to make them in the morning, save the leftovers for tomorrows breakfast. Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment